Deep Dish Layered Salad
Gorgeously nestled in its bowl and crowned with a creamy dressing, Deep Dish Layered Salad is a guest-approved way to get a variety of veggies.
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed, dried and shredded
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed and shredded
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp real bacon bits
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10-12 minutes. Remove the eggs from hot water; cool, peel and chop three eggs. Slice one egg and put aside for garnish.
- Mix two kinds of lettuce together.
- Layer half of the lettuce in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Follow with a layer of celery, bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms, peas and chopped eggs.
- Top with remaining lettuce.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, garlic powder and curry powder.
- Spread evenly over top of salad. Sprinkle with bacon bits and cheese.
- Garnish with sliced egg.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.