Creamed Eggs and Bacon
Creamed Eggs and Bacon served over toasted bread or English muffins. . .what a happy way to start your day!
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-boiled
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 cup milk
- 8 slices toast or English muffins
- Peel and chop eggs. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and seasonings. Stir until well blended.
- Add milk, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and thickened.
- Add bacon and eggs to hot sauce. Serve over toast.
It is good but I may try with scrambled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs next time I make it.
Great idea. We would love to hear how that turns out!
My Mom made this when I was a kid…and I have made it but reserving the egg yolks, crumble and sprinkle on top. It is delicious 😋