Cranberry Orange Pound Cake
Cranberry Orange Pound Cake is made with fresh cranberries and topped with an orange juice glaze. So good you'll want to make it a holiday tradition.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and orange zest together.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat one minute per egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix buttermilk and vanilla together. Add dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk mixture to batter. Fold in cranberries.
- Grease and flour (important) 2 large bread pans.
- Pour batter in pans and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth. Let loaves cool before glazing.