Corn Meal Buns
A soft, wholesome, and delicious, Corn Meal Buns are my mother's favorite bread to make for guests. Try them and be prepared to fall in love!
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/2 cup corn meal
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Scald milk and add butter, shortening, sugar and salt. Cool.
- Add 2 cups flour, eggs, and dissolved yeast. Beat, then add corn meal and remaining flour needed to reach the desired dough consistency. Knead until elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size.
- Shape buns and place in greased baking pan and let rise until double. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes.