Tired of beef? Try our Cod Burgers.
- 2 1/2 lb skinless cod
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 buns, split
- Sweet Peppers
- Shredded Lettuce
- Cut fish into tiny pieces, or coarsely chop until it holds together.
- Mix with eggs, 1/3 c. mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, chives, 1 tsp. salt and cayenne pepper.
- Form into 8 patties. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Heat 1 T. oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook four burgers, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining oil and burgers.
- Combine remaining 1/2 c. mayonnaise and mustard. Lightly toast buns in skillet.
- Sandwich burgers in buns with mayonnaise mixture, sweet onions and lettuce.