Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Add these festive candy cane cookies to your Christmas cookie platter. The candy cane pieces on top add a perfect crunch.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 oz white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 2-inch rounds with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not over bake). Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate with 1 teaspoon oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Immediately sprinkle tops with crushed candy canes; let stand until set.