Chicken Cobb Salad (Dairy-Free)
This beautiful Chicken Cobb Salad is made dairy-free by replacing blue cheese with artichoke hearts. Not dairy-free? Go ahead and add some cheese.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of coarse ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Romaine heart
- 1 head lettuce, iceberg
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish; pour marinade over and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat and grill chicken until the thickest part reaches 170 F. Cool chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Chop both kinds of lettuce; mix them together and place in large bowl.
- Add 1/4 c. vinaigrette and toss with lettuce.
- Arrange remaining ingredients on top. Toss before serving.