Chicken Cheese Spinach Lasagna
A delicious alternative to the traditional dish, our Chicken Cheese Spinach Lasagna features chicken and a cheesy white sauce layered with nutrient-dense spinach.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour and salt; cook until bubbly.
- Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Stir in 2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, beaten egg, parsley and remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- Spread one-quarter of the cheese sauce into a greased 9x13 baking dish; cover with 1/3 of the noodles.
- Top with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach and half of the chicken. Cover with one-quarter cheese sauce and 1/3 of noodles.
- Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and one-quarter cheese sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F. for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.