This simple but delicious recipe for Cherry Bars is perfect for any casual or formal occasion.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cans (21 oz. Each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- Combine the flour and the salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. Spread with pie filling.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 350 F. for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over bars.