Cheeseburger buns are hearty meat and cheese filled sandwiches, great for an on-the-go-meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Fry ground beef and onion together in skillet. Set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, butter, egg, salt and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining flour and knead until smooth and elastic. Form into 16 balls. (Dough will be very soft.)
- On a floured surface, roll out each ball into a 5-inch circle.
- Put 1/4 c. ground beef, 1 T. shredded cheddar cheese, and a squirt of ketchup and Dijon mustard in center of circle.
- Pinch dough shut and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12 minutes.