Cheddar Salmon Quiche
Fish lovers, step right up and sink your teeth into this Cheddar Salmon Quiche, a happy combination of salmon, cheese, and a few gentle seasonings.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Stir in milk.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 10 inch circle. Transfer to an ungreased 9 inch pie pan or quiche dish. Trim and flute edge.
- Bake at 350 F. for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine salmon, cheese, onion, flour, salt and pepper; spoon into crust.
- Combine the eggs and milk; pour over salmon mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.