Candy Cane Cookies
Candy Cane cookies! Twists of red and white cookie dough flavored with almond and sprinkled with peppermint.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- red food coloring
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Add 6-7 drops of food coloring to one half. Shape tablespoons of each color of dough into 4-inch ropes. Place ropes side by side, lightly press ends together and twist. Place on ungreased baking sheets and curve to form canes.
- Bake at 375 F. for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine crushed candy canes and sugar. Sprinkle over cookies immediately after removing them from the oven. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans.