Made with potatoes, ham, eggs, cheese and veggies, this hearty Campers' Hash is sure to satisfy the hungry campers circled around your fire.
- 1 package (26 oz.) frozen, shredded hashbrowns
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cup cubed, fully cooked ham
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large cast iron skillet, or Dutch oven, fry potatoes in oil for 10 minutes.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic; continue to cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are browned and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir in ham; heat through.
- In separate skillet, scramble eggs; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are set. Add eggs to Dutch oven on top of potatoes and ham.
- Top with cheese; cover for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.