Blueberry Custard Pie
Fresh blueberries baked into a custard-like filling and topped with sugary crumbs make this Blueberry Custard Pie a true winner.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 3 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- Combine flour and salt. Cut in Crisco. Add water, a little at a time, with a fork. Roll out and place in 9" pie pan. Crimp edges.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place blueberries in the pie shell and set aside.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the blueberries.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and flour. Cut in the butter with pastry blender, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.