Try this flavorful Bearnaise Sauce drizzled onto smoked salmon or asparagus. Or both.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Nature's Yoke egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (use fresh minced tarragon for even better flavor)
- Place lemon juice or vinegar in blender with shallot and salt. Let sit for several minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add egg yolks and blend.
- Remove plastic insert from blender top and slowly add melted butter with blender running.
- Add tarragon and blend for a minute or two, until sauce is frothy. Set aside. (Note: This sauce isn't good after its been refrigerated. You should keep it warm until ready to serve and then discard any remaining sauce.)