This banana bread is more than a frugal way of using black-peeled bananas. It is downright delicious. I like to include the nuts for their texture, though they definitely add good flavor as well.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in bananas.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Mix in nuts, if desired.
- Spoon into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack.