Asparagus casserole, my mom's famous springtime dish, stars asparagus baked with hard-boiled eggs and a cheesy sauce and topped with buttery bread crumbs.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked asparagus
- 4 hard-boiled Nature's Yoke eggs, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Melt butter; add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Combine white sauce, asparagus, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper and place in casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake (uncovered) at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.