Pineapple and marshmallows doll up this Apple Salad, fuzzing the line between salad and dessert. But don't worry. Folks won't mind if you serve it for both.
- 8 red apples
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 doz. large marshmallows
- Nuts or grapes (optional)
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- Dice apples. Leave half of the apples unpeeled for color and texture.
- Cut marshmallows into small pieces.
- Combine apples, marshmallows, pineapple and nuts/grapes in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients and cook over medium heat on stove until thickened. Cool.
- Pour dressing over apple mixture, stirring until all fruit is coated.