Vanilla-Allspice Thumbprint Cookies
Tiny thumbprint cookies that melt in your mouth, flavored with allspice and vanilla and topped with a dollop of white chocolate....delicious!
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 Natures Yoke egg yolks + 1 whole egg
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate wafers
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, allspice, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add egg yolks and egg and beat for 1 minute on low speed. Beat in vanilla.
- With whisk on low speed, add dry ingredients, beating only until flour is incorporated into a soft dough.
- Roll teaspoon sized balls of dough and place on prepared baking sheet. With the handle of a wooden spoon (or your thumb), make indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet while you melt the chocolate wafers.
- Place chocolate wafers in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, stir and then heat a little longer if needed, stirring until melted. Fill indentations in cookies with chocolate.
- Refrigerate cookies for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store at room temperature.
Calories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 24mg