Toad in the Hole
Enjoy these tasty European sausages baked in a crispy Yorkshire pudding!
- 6 Authentic Irish Style Bangers
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper, sprinkled
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- Whisk flour, salt and pepper together. In a separate bowl, mix butter, eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Coat bottom and sides of a 9X13 metal pan with 1 T. oil. Place on lower rack in oven and preheat oven to 425 F. with the pan in it.
- While pan is preheating, brown sausages in a skillet. When oven is heated, remove pan carefully, place sausages in a row and spoon batter over sausages.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until batter is risen and edges are brown. Don't worry if the underside seems soft, as this is normal.