Sweet Potato, Mushroom and Kale Breakfast
The unique and beautiful blend of vegetables makes this sweet potato breakfast bake a real treat!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cup torn kale leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook and stir sausage in the same skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and browned. Add to the sweet potato in the bowl.
- Cook and stir onion, mushrooms and kale until kale softens, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the bowl.
- Whisk eggs, water, and thyme together in a small bowl. Stir into the sausage mixture. Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potato starts to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.