Strawberry Layer Cake
This pretty pink strawberry layer cake gets its deliciousness and vibrant color from strawberry gelatin and fresh strawberries. Each layer is sandwiched between either whipped cream or the frosting of your choice.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 3 oz strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 Nature's Yoke egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; then beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mashed strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 8 inch round cake pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers, over the top and sides of cake. (If frosted with whipped cream, store in refrigerator.) Garnish with fresh strawberries.