My mom's signature salad, Spinach Salad is a delicious combination of bacon, spinach, eggs, and mushrooms all drizzled with a homemade vinaigrette.
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 bags (20 oz.) fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 3 oz croutons
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Prepare the dressing in a blender by combining the onion, sugar, salt, oil, vinegar, pepper, celery seed and Dijon mustard. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, bacon, spinach, croutons and mushrooms. Toss to mix.
- Before serving, pour enough dressing over salad to lightly coat. Toss and serve.