Make delicious sourdough waffles with this simple recipe...not in the mood to go to all the fuss of waffles? That's okay. You can make pancakes instead!
- 2 cup whole milk
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (or) all-purpose
- 1 cup refrigerated sour dough starter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 Nature's Yoke egg whites
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp vinegar (only add this ingredient if you are making pancakes)
- Mix milk, flour, sour dough starter and honey until well combined. (Do not use a metal bowl or utensil when working with sour dough.) Cover loosely and let set at room temperature overnight or for 7 hours.
- In the morning, beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold into batter and add the remaining ingredients. Mix by hand, then fry in greased waffle iron. (or on hot griddle if you are making pancakes) Serve with butter and maple syrup.