Potato Breakfast Gratin
Whether you are feeding your family or a crowd, Potato Breakfast Gratin is sure to please.
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 10 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- couarse ground black pepper
- basil, sprinkled
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl and add 1 cup of water. Cover and microwave 7 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes. Spread half of them in the bottom of the baking dish. Combine garlic and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Spread over potatoes. Sprinkle with browned sausage.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half of mixture over sausage.
- Lay the rest of the potatoes on top. Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the potatoes and top with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes until the egg is puffed and golden around the edges. Sprinkle with basil. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.