Overnight Dinner Rolls
Mix up the dough for Overnight Dinner Rolls in the evening, enjoy your free time in the morning, then serve your family and friends hot rolls for lunch.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/8 cup warm water
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, then cool to lukewarm. In a small bowl, soften yeast in warm water.
- Place sugar and yeast mixtures in a mixing bowl with eggs, salt, oil and half of the flour. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining flour; knead. Add more flour as needed to create an elastic dough consistency. Place in greased bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, form dough into rolls and brush with melted butter. Allow rolls to rise, uncovered, until noon or until doubled in size. Bake at 350 F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.