Overnight Blueberry French Toast
Assemble Overnight Blueberry French Toast for a no-stress, delicious brunch!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- 11 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of blueberries over the bread crumbs. Top with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, syrup, heavy cream, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes. Press the bread cubes slightly down to absorb the milk/egg mixture. Cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 F. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with blueberry syrup.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice and simmer for 10 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Serve warm over the french toast.