Mocha Truffle Bars
Chocolate or coffee lover? Either way, you will love these Mocha Truffle Bars with their chewy brownie base topped with a creamy, coffee-flavored truffle filling.
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a heavy saucepan. Stir until smooth; cool for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar for one minute. Stir in chocolate mixture and coffee. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- Dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, melted chocolate and coffee. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in a heavy saucepan or the microwave; stir until smooth. Pipe or drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Store in refrigerator.