Lemon Pie Shooters
I love miniature desserts! And I love lemon, so these elegant lemon pie shooters are the perfect finishing touch to dinner.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 store-bought lemon shortbread cookies, crumbled (or use your own homemade soft lemon cookie)
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine lemon juice and sugar. Crack in the eggs, add butter and whisk to incorporate. Gently stir mixture over medium-low heat until the butter melts.
- Continue cooking the mixture slowly, stirring constantly until thickened. Pour it into a bowl, cover it, and chill curd for at least 2 hours.
- Make whipped cream by whipping heavy cream and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer. Whip until stiff. Place whipped cream in pastry bag with a medium hole snipped in the end.
- Place cooled lemon curd in separate pastry bag. Place a small amount of lemon curd in shot glass or small dessert dish. Pipe in whipped cream, sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Repeat layers. Garnish with lemon wedge.
- Repeat with the rest of curd, cream and crumbs and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. The shooters can be made ahead of time and chilled overnight in the fridge.