Use Hollandaise Sauce, a classy, seasoned blend of egg yolk and lemon, to doll up your asparagus or Eggs Benedict.
- 4 Nature's Yoke egg yolks
- 3 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Black pepper, sprinkled
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan. Bring water to a gentle simmer.
- In the top of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks constantly. (If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water.)
- Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in salt, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm until ready to serve.