Hash Brown Waffles
Who said waffle irons are just for waffles? Enjoy your next breakfast sandwich by using a hash brown waffle in place of bread.
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and coarsly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover generously with cold water; soak a few minutes. Drain and rinse to remove starch. Roll potatoes in a clean kitchen towel (not terrycloth) and twist towel to wring out the water.
- Toss potatoes with garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and oil until they are evenly coated. Stir eggs into potatoes.
- Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 cup of potato mixture, liquid included, onto preheated waffle iron and spread evenly to cover iron. Cook until potatoes are golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.