Garlic-Parmesan Monkey Bread
This soft, pull-apart monkey bread tastes like those garlic knots you love, and is the perfect compliment to a pot of soup!
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 3 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Coat a 10" Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, green onion, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Add butter and blend well.
- Roll out each loaf into a 18-inch log and cut into 18 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Dip balls into egg mixture to coat.
- Toss parmesan cheese and minced garlic together in a bowl. Arrange 1/3 of coated balls in single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with parmesan-garlic mixture. Repeat for two more layers. Pour any remaining egg mixture over top of balls and sprinkle with remaining parmesan-garlic.
- Cover pan loosely and let dough rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Turn bread out onto a rack, then turn crusty side up to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm. (To reheat leftovers, wrap in foil and heat in oven.)