Egg Sandwich with Sweet-Sour Carrots and Onions
Fall in love with the crunchy, tangy twist these sweet and sour veggies add to your traditional egg sandwich.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup thin onion wedges
- 3 torpedo steak rolls
- 5 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar, salt and chili powder until sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrot and onion. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut steak rolls in half horizontally and toast on hot skillet.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and a pinch of salt. Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs and cook without stirring until they are set.
- Divide egg into 6 sections. Place an egg portion on toasted side of roll. Top with drained carrots and onions and cilantro, if desired.