Egg and Cucumber Salad
This Moldovan recipe full of the aroma and taste of herbs, is a fresh change for your salad repertoire. (or collection of salad recipes)
- 2 small to medium seedless cucumbers
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1/4 bunch fresh dill
- salt to taste
- *homemade mayonnaise to taste (start with 1/4 c.)
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 cup sunflower oil, divided
- Wash cucumbers and dice into small cubes. Dice hard-boiled eggs into same sized cubes as cucumbers. Chop chives and only the finest of the dill leaves.
- Combine first four ingredients, adding salt and mayonnaise to taste.
- Combine egg, lemon juice, salt, and sugar. Whisk until thoroughly combined and bright yellow. Add 1/4 cup of sunflower oil to mixture a few drops at a time whisking constantly. This process takes about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining sunflower oil in a thin stream whisking continually. It could take up to 8 minutes for mayonnaise to thicken. Use this delicious home made mayonnaise in a variety of recipes.