Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Because some times a cup of coffee needs Chocolate Chip Biscotti.....
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz white chocolate (for drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly butter and flour a large baking sheet.
- Stir the eggs, instant coffee and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended; set aside. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg mixture. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into two logs, each 14 inches long, 1 inch wide and 1 inch thick. Place the logs 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the logs from the baking sheet and place on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 3/4 inch slices. Place the slices upright and 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly dry. Remove biscotti from baking sheet and place on wire rack until cool.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave and pipe onto biscotti. (You can add 1 T. of shortening to white chocolate to ensure smooth chocolate.)