Who says Stromboli is an evening entree? Surprise your guests or family with our breakfast stromboli packed with eggs, cheese and your choice of meat.
- 2 loaves (1 lb. each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 10 Nature's Yoke eggs, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 1/2 cup Mexcan Style Blend Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Provolone cheese, sliced and cut into strips
- Place each loaf of bread dough in a greased bread pan. Cover with greased saran wrap and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down. Roll each loaf into a 15x12-in. rectangle.
- Combine two eggs, oil and seasonings in small bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Brush oil mixture onto dough to within 1/2 inch of edges; set remaining oil mixture aside.
- Scramble eight remaining eggs in a skillet over medium heat until they are soft-scrambled.
- Divide meat, scrambled eggs and cheeses in half. Sprinkle shredded cheese onto dough. Arrange sausage, scrambled eggs, pancetta, onion, green pepper and provolone cheese on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Repeat for second loaf.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal the edges well. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet. Brush loaves with remaining oil mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa if desired.