Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
Start your day the healthy way with a delicious Black Bean Breakfast Bowl. Unless you'd rather have it for dinner, of course. Or both.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (16 oz.) can black beans with juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- sour cream
- Heat oil in pan and saute green pepper and garlic until soft. Add beans, oregano and vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat a separate skillet; spray with non-stick spray and scramble eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When beans are soft, divide them between two bowls. Top each bowl with scrambled eggs, avocado, salsa and a dollop of sour cream.