Baked Pumpkin French Toast
On the next crisp, autumn morning, warm your table with our pumpkin french toast!
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 loaf Texas toast thick-sliced bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, the cloves, nutmeg, and sugar together in a bowl; beat in the pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl; pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread cubes, and gently toss to coat. Arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Stir 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, flour, and butter together with a fork in a small bowl until the mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over the bread cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top, 30 to 40 minutes.