One more delicious usage of your garden's prolific member: Zucchini Fritters, a fried side the whole family will love.
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil (you can use butter instead if you like)
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, eggs, onion, garlic, cheese, milk, flour and bread crumbs. Season with onion powder, parsley, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1 T. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the skillet and flatten slightly.
- Turn fritters over when the edges appear dry. Cook on the other side until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add more oil to skillet as needed and continue with remaining batter.