Turkish Menemen is a delightful twist to your classic scrambled eggs. The few extra minutes it takes to dice up your vegetables is well worth your effort for the flavor and crunch they add to this delicious breakfast dish.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 sweet, red bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- Melt your butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add diced onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and spices and simmer until tomatoes cook down to form a thick consistency.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and stir them until the eggs are scrambled into the mixture and no longer runny. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.