Sour Cream Coffeecake
So pretty she'll steal the show and delicious enough to deserve it, Sour Cream Coffee cake is a guest you'll definitely want to invite to your next event.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cup sugar
- 6 Nature's Yokes eggs, separated
- 3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add sour cream and extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and then fold into batter.
- Mix together crumb ingredients.
- Alternate batter and crumb mixture in a greased tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of cake.
- Glaze or pipe cream cheese frosting on the top when cake is partially cooled. (See Carrot Cake for Cream Cheese frosting recipe.)