Skillet Chili and Eggs
Our Skillet Chili and Eggs is a perfect week-night meal...quick and simple, yet satisfying.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked
- 2 cans beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 3 slices American cheese, cut in half diagonally
- Add the onions and the oil to a large skillet. Sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the onions and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cooked ground beef, drained beans, diced tomatoes and corn to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and let simmer about 20 minutes.
- Break eggs into skillet and cover eggs with a slice of cheese. Simmer on low for 8-10 minutes.