Red Velvet Butter Cookies
These red velvet butter cookies melt in your mouth.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream cream cheese and butter together. Beat in egg and food coloring.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Cover and chill for two hours.
- Place powdered sugar in bowl. Drop 1" balls of dough into powdered sugar and roll to coat. Place on a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 14 minutes and let cookies completely cool before storing in airtight container.