Raspberry Almond Bars
Studded with slivered almonds, Raspberry Almond Bars make a pretty and delicious dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10-12 oz.) white chips
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry pie filling or seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat; add white chips (do not stir).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Add chip mixture and almond extract to bowl and mix well.
- Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake at 325 F. for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat pie filling or jam over low heat; spread over warm crust. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool and cut into bars.