Preparing Petit Fours is time consuming, but they dress up your holiday table so prettily and satisfy your guests so nicely they are well worth your time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Nature's Yoke egg whites
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup Dominos powdered sugar
- Betty Crocker (.67 oz.) decorating gel, assorted colors
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add dry ingredients, alternately with buttermilk and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites in separate bowl until they form stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour into greased 9X9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes. Cool cake completely.
- Mix butter, milk and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2 inch cubes or assorted sizes of your choice.
- Frost cubes.
- When frosting is dry, pipe ribbons onto cakes using assorted decorating gel.