Delicate, delicious little bits of crumbly, buttery cookie....
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, canola oil, 1/2 cup sugar and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.