Overnight Caramel Apple French Toast
One whiff of this lovely Caramel Apple French Toast baking in your oven and you'll be thanking yourself for preparing it the night before.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Saigon cinnamon, divided
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with six slices of bread.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread. Place remaining bread on top.
- Sprinkle apple pieces evenly over bread and top with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Pour over apples. Dot with butter.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F. for 30-35 minutes.