Naked Egg Tacos
Taco Bell now has Naked Egg Tacos on their menu. Why wait until the next time you get to Taco Bell? You can easily make your own at home! And the great thing about making them at home is that you can fill them with whatever your taste buds are craving.
- 1/2 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cup hashbrowns or tator tots
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- fresh cilantro
- 12 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 4 tbsp water
- coarse ground black pepper and Adobo, to taste
- In a skillet, fry sausage and crumble. Drain the grease off. Set aside.
- Using just a bit of the sausage grease, fry the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Add spinach and saute a minute or just until wilted. Add fried sausage. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and fry hash browns or tator tots until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Chop tomato, 1/4 onion and fresh cilantro to create fresh salsa. Set aside.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add 1 T. water. Beat until incorporated. Season with Adobo and pepper.
- Heat small non-stick skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot, pour eggs in and quickly tip to cover entire bottom of the skillet with egg. Continue to cook and tip until eggs are cooked and mostly dry on the top. Remove taco from skillet onto plate.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6.
- To plate, lay egg "taco" on plate. Spread sausage/potato/veggie mixture on half of taco. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold taco in half and top with fresh salsa. Enjoy!!