Your Mexican Migas breakfast is a happy combination of scrambled eggs, sauteed veggies and crisp-fried tortilla strips. Delicious!
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 12 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- Mexican Cheese Blend
- In a skillet, fry tortilla strips in oil until crispy. Drain on paper towel. Remove oil from heat.
- In butter, sauté peppers and onion until soft. Add tomatoes.
- Add beaten eggs to sautéed vegetable and scramble over medium heat for a minute or two.
- Add tortilla pieces and scramble until eggs are done.
- Sprinkle with cheese blend. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.