Lavash, an Armenian flatbread, is delicious and diverse. Dip it in hummus, use it as a pizza crust, eat it as an appetizer. You can't go wrong.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg white
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg white, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together, flour, sugar and salt. Add water, 1 egg white and melted butter; mix well to make a stiff dough. Knead until dough is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 balls. Roll each ball on lightly floured surface until paper thin. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until browned.